Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tturba
New Contributor III

Cannot connect to FTPS server outside

Hello.

I've got a small issue, I cannot connect to an external FTPS server which use 21 port for PASV and dynamic from 50000 to 55000. I've tried to use session-helper, and also this workaround with inverted directions: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD32835

but it always timeouts. Is there any feature for this or procedure how to pass this traffic? On the firewall policies for this testing I allow all traffic (ANY services) on both directions.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Create a new policy to the FTPS server without SSL Inspection and move it above the existing policy.

Does the issue disappear with that?

tturba
New Contributor III

Hello. I've tried like this:

fromif: LAN

toif: ISP

src: all

dst: ftps_server

service: all

permit

rest disabled

fromif: ISP

toif: LAN

src: ftps_server

dst: all

permit

rest disabled

But it don't work

tturba
New Contributor III

I can see that the policy LAN->ISP is generating packets, but ISP->LAN doesn't. So it is the case of session-helper?

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

tturba wrote:

I can see that the policy LAN->ISP is generating packets, but ISP->LAN doesn't. So it is the case of session-helper?

Yes and no.

You don't need a ISP > LAN policy at all. The connection is established from the internal network.

tturba
New Contributor III

I've disabled this policy as you mention. Can I verify/debug somehow where's the problem when I try to connect to the FTPS server address?

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

tturba wrote:

I've disabled this policy as you mention. Can I verify/debug somehow where's the problem when I try to connect to the FTPS server address?

Have you created a FTPS policy from LAN to external without SSL Inspection and does it work?

tturba
New Contributor III

Hello, I've created a policy for FTPS address like this:

incoming if: lan

src addr: all

outgoing if: wan

dst addr: ftps_server

no nat

no utm (ssl disabled)

permit

Not working...

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

tturba wrote:

Hello, I've created a policy for FTPS address like this:

incoming if: lan

src addr: all

outgoing if: wan

dst addr: ftps_server

no nat

no utm (ssl disabled)

permit

Not working...

If you are going to external you are going to need NAT...

tturba
New Contributor III

I've tried that with "enable NAT and use outgoing IF address", should I use Fixed port or "Use Dynamic IP Pool" - I think not.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors