Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rjvilla
Visitor

Cannot change/save VLAN to 802.11ad trunk port

Running a Fortgate 60E running firmware 7.4.5 with a Fortilink connection to a Fortiswitch 124E PoE switch running firmware 7.6.0.  I have created an active trunk using two ports (15 and 17) on the switch controller and trying to change the vlan from the default to another VLAN I have created. When I do this in the GUI I get a red banner in the upper right that says "Failed to Save Changes". I get no other information that I can find in the logs or documentation on why this would happen or how to resolve it.

3 REPLIES 3
Kush_Patel
Staff
Staff

Hello rjvilla,

I tried creating a trunk and added two ports as member. Then changed the VLAN from default to the custome one without getting the error. Can you try performing the same action in a different broswer or in an incognito mode ? If it is still not working, can you attach the screenshot of the error message along with the config of trunk port and their members ? 

Thank you,

Kush. 

rjvilla
Visitor

Different browsers/incognito do not make a differenceWhat cli command will give me the config that you would like to see? I'm still learning the cli. The first screenshot shows the selection of changing the Native VLAN ... when I press Apply then I get the second screenshot that shows the error.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 1.07.10 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 1.05.28 PM.png

tpatel

Please click on below link and Follow the step which shows in article.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Error-Failed-to-save-changes-when-modifyin...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors