Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
onurd0gan
New Contributor II

Cannot add devices

Hello,

I have fortigate and fortimanager vm trial version 6.0.2. I could not add FortiGate to Fortimanager.

There is no connectivity problem between fortigate and fortimanager, but I get "Probe Failed" error. FMG protocol is enabled on related interface. I checked task monitor logs on FortiManager, I saw "Cannot communicate with remote device (tunnel is down)" and in the description "2019-04-29 15:14:24:fgfmstarterror".

what might be the problem?

thank you,

2 Solutions
onurd0gan

Hello,

Thank you for your support, I solved the problem by setting enc-algorithm to low on FMG.

thanks

View solution in original post

makco10

Thanks!

This config solved my issue:

FortiManager:

Fortigate:

Regards.

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall

View solution in original post

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
15 REPLIES 15
Joey
New Contributor

makco10 wrote:

Thanks!

This config solved my issue:

FortiManager:

Fortigate:

Regards.

worked like a charm!

thx

amelguizo
New Contributor

Worked for me too

Thx

jonathan007

Worked for me too thanks so much

moonsoftin

Thanks for the info, my issue resolved by setting  below on my FM

FMG-VM64-KVM # config system global

(global)# set enc-algorithm low

(global)# set fgfm-ssl-protocol sslv3

hirvimies

When I tried out FortiManager and FortiGates as VMs in a Virtual Environment, I also had problem getting it to work. I managed to work around it but I couldn't get full functionality (IPSEC VPN) since the FG-VM was lacking strong encryption. Using physical FortiGates was the best solution but I think you can license the VM to get stronger encryption?

I had to configure the following on the FortiManager CLI:

config system global

set enc-algorithm low

I see that your enc-algorithm is set on high under system global so this might help you.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

I ran into this for several times when fmg-soure-ip on the FortiGate was incorrect. 

you might try to change this from 0.0.0.0 to the ip of the interface that is used for communication with FortiManager.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors