Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tmorgan
New Contributor

Cannot Broadcast 6GHz Wi-Fi on FortiAP FP431G

I have FortiAP FP431G running v7.4-build0591, which is managed by a FortiGate 1101E running v7.0.13 build0566 and I am unable to get the 6 GHz network working. The security mode for the SSID is set to WPA3 SAE. When the platform mode is set to Dual 5G the SSID broadcasts, I get connectivity via Dual 5GHz and 2.4 GHz. However, when I set to Single 5G the 6GHz radio does not broadcast nor the 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Any advice on how to get this configured properly?

5 REPLIES 5
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @tmorgan 

Have you checked these document below ?

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.0/new-features/169732

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortiap-series.pdf

The G series models support Wi-Fi 6E IEEE 802.11ax Tri-band 2.4 GHz/5 GHz/6 GHz mode and dual 5 GHz mode.

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
tmorgan
New Contributor

I just reviewed the documents and the FortiAP profile appears to be configured correctly for 2.4, 5, and 6 GHz in Platform mode "Single 5G". However, I have no luck in getting the AP to function when 6 GHz is enabled.

ebilcari
Staff
Staff

It seems that 6GHz is limited per country, which country do you currently have configured?

Try to change the country temporarily to United States and check if the SSID are broadcasted.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
tmorgan

Under WiFi Settings -> WiFi country/region is already set to United States.

AndyNZ
New Contributor III

Hi tmorgan,

did you find a resolution to this issue?

I'm seeing the same issue on a FAP231G in New Zealand (so different region to you). 

I’ve also noticed the “operating power” for the 6GHz band is 59dBm- well beyond what the unit is capable of! Was that something you saw in your case too? 

Thanks in advance,

Andy Bailey, Christchurch, New Zealand
Andy Bailey, Christchurch, New Zealand
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors