Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ABCBakeryNT0053
New Contributor

Can we add more WAN interface on Firewall Fortinet 100D

Hi everyone,

Now my company is using Fortinet 100D with 2 static IP for 2 WAN port, now my boss wants to have another static IP. But the question is: firewall just have two ports WAN, can I configure to add 1 more WAN ports to make firewall have 3 WAN ports.

2 Solutions
Nils
Contributor II

If you'er running the internal interfaces as "interface Mode" you could use one of those.

There's nothing special with the WAN1 and WAN2 interfaces, it's just interfaces.

If you don't run "Interface Mode" on the internal switch, see if this is something you could activate.

View solution in original post

kallbrandt

You need to use a switch between the PPoE box and the firewall, so you can split the incoming PPoE line to two different physical interfaces in the firewall, configured as PPoE interfaces separetely with login etc.

Richie

NSE7

View solution in original post

Richie NSE7
9 REPLIES 9
Nils
Contributor II

If you'er running the internal interfaces as "interface Mode" you could use one of those.

There's nothing special with the WAN1 and WAN2 interfaces, it's just interfaces.

If you don't run "Interface Mode" on the internal switch, see if this is something you could activate.

ABCBakeryNT0053

Ok thanks. Can I ask a question more. Now the ISP give me 2 static IP with one physical line. Can Fortigate 100D be configured to have 2 static IP on only one physical line.

Nils

Do you want these IP-addresses to reside on the same interface?

ABCBakeryNT0053

Actually, we have 2 physical line on two wan ports with different ISP. The first ISP said if I want to have a new static IP they will give us another physical line with a static IP, the second ISP said they will give us another static IP with old physical line ( no need a new physical line). I think my boss will choose the the second ISP because it's cheaper but they said they won't configure for us. So I just want to ask the configuration if my boss choose the second ISP.

Nils

If you're getting a new Static IP on the same line, there is no problem to use it as you want. 

But another line with a new IP may be a little bit more tricky.

Nils
Contributor II

You have to do WAN link load balancing if you get two IPs from two lines.

There are good documentation that describes the steps.

ABCBakeryNT0053

Ok thanks a lot. But I look at configuration and I can't find a place in PPPOE (Now ISP use PPPOE to connect to the internet) to put another IP if ISP give me 2 IP on the same line. I just find it in "Secondary IP Address" in MANUAL. Is it right to configure in "Secondary IP Address" and it's still work because I can't find username and password to put in like PPPOE?

kallbrandt

You need to use a switch between the PPoE box and the firewall, so you can split the incoming PPoE line to two different physical interfaces in the firewall, configured as PPoE interfaces separetely with login etc.

Richie

NSE7

Richie NSE7
ABCBakeryNT0053

Ok thanks kallbrandt a lot.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors