Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SCRawl
New Contributor

Can't uninstall old version, can't install new version

My computer (Win10) has an installation of FortiClient Endpoint Security (4.2.5.0286).  It doesn't work, not sure why.  So I want to install a version that will work, but I can't, because the previous version is installed.  When I right-click on this in Apps & Features and select Uninstall, it claims that "The Feature that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable", and asks me to point out where FortiClient_x64_en-us.msi is located.  I don't have such a file (I've checked), so I'm wondering what can be done to blow away the old installation before I can install the new version.

1 Solution
jwalters310
New Contributor II

We struggled getting the client off of a few machines for a while, but then realized all we had to do was download Total Uninstall and run it on the machine. This allowed us to remove Forticlient without unregistering it or fighting through the guides provided. Took all of about 2 minutes to do. We have brought this to their attention that users can do this, but so far they have refused to fix it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jwalters310
New Contributor II

We struggled getting the client off of a few machines for a while, but then realized all we had to do was download Total Uninstall and run it on the machine. This allowed us to remove Forticlient without unregistering it or fighting through the guides provided. Took all of about 2 minutes to do. We have brought this to their attention that users can do this, but so far they have refused to fix it. 

SCRawl

This worked magnificently, thanks very much for the suggestion.  I would say that it took a little more than two minutes, but they were well spent.

jwalters310
New Contributor II

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you, but also wish Fortinet would fix this issue. It makes it too easy to remove their client from a machine we don't want it removed from. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors