Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
radebebek
New Contributor II

Can't remove unused object from FortiManager.

Hi all,

I have problem with several objects on FortiManager:

These objects I used for SSL-VPN and I decide that remove that option.

So I remove SSL-VPN settings, and also all settings in policy package but when I tray

remove users, user groups and LDAP Server, I receive information that objects is used somewhere. 

When I click to see where is object used, I get No record found and I cant remove that object.

How can I delete these objects at all?

Thanks

radebebek_0-1637233628559.png

radebebek_1-1637233646480.png

erokoder
erokoder
1 Solution
radebebek
New Contributor II

This Help:

Go to Policy&Object -> Object Configruation -> Tools -> Display option-> Check all
After that, 

Go to CLI only objects > search for user

Choose local CLI configuration >search for the user you want to remove

erokoder

View solution in original post

erokoder
2 REPLIES 2
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @radebebek,

is it possible that the user group is used in some admin configuration on some FortiGate to allow admins to log in with their LDAP credentials?
This would not show as reference, as admin settings are Device Manager config, not Policy&Objects config, but could still prevent deletion, as there are implicit dependencies in place.

In addition, if for some reason you can't find references for the LDAP server configuration in FortiManager, you could check the FortiGate(s) this LDAP server was pushed to and determine if there is any config outside the purview of FortiManager that still uses the configuration and might be preventing deletion.

If you are still unsure, you can raise a ticket with the FortiManager team to get further assistance :).

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
radebebek
New Contributor II

This Help:

Go to Policy&Object -> Object Configruation -> Tools -> Display option-> Check all
After that, 

Go to CLI only objects > search for user

Choose local CLI configuration >search for the user you want to remove

erokoder
erokoder
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors