Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kitt001
New Contributor

Can't find a list of connected VPN users

Hi all,

I'm new to Fortigate hardware, coming from Cisco ASA's .. and I'm finding very little of this to be intuitive - so I apologize if this answer is staring me in the face and I'm just not seeing it.

I have a pair of Fortigate's that I've just gotten up and running with some machines connecting via VPN using L2TP/IPsec on the windows native client.  I am able to find the list of connected machines but the "username" is just the remote IP address and no matter how deep I drill, it never shows me the actual authenticated user.  All of my searching just leads me to answers referencing SSL VPNs and the solutions don't seem to help.  Clearly in a production environment full of dial up VPN's, the remote address is pretty meaningless and this feels like information that should be jumping off the screen at me since its so relevant. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello kitt001,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
isamt
Contributor

Right-Click anywhere in the IPsec Vpn list headings and add column XAUTH User

XAUTH.png

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors