Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Himal_Bissessar
New Contributor

Can't delete interface with TACACS reference

Hi Guys, 

I am having an issue whereby I am unable to delete an interface in the root VDOM, it has a TACACS+ reference on the interface and under the TACACS+ settings there is zero references. 

The interface reference using TACACS+. Not sure what the (6 References) mean but I can't seem to trace it.

I have tried using the CLI to remove the interface, however I get a return code of -23.

Does anyone perhaps know what else I can do to get this removed?

Thank you

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you don't see anything else other than the interface config itself when you do "show | grep -f <interface_name>" at the top level in CLI but it shows "referred" when you try to remove it, it must have old references stuck in the memory, which wouldn't go away until you reboot it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you don't see anything else other than the interface config itself when you do "show | grep -f <interface_name>" at the top level in CLI but it shows "referred" when you try to remove it, it must have old references stuck in the memory, which wouldn't go away until you reboot it.

Himal_Bissessar

Thank you for the response Toshi. In the CLI, I am seeing the following when I try to remove it:

The entry is used by other 1 entries Command fail. Return code -23

I can also confirm that there are no other config besides the interface config. I should probably schedule a time to reboot the device. I will let you know if it works after the reboot. Gonna take a while.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors