Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lindblom
New Contributor

Can' t add interface to zone

Hi! This is the second time I see this issue, on the same device. I have an 80C running 4.0 MR3 Patch 3. I' ve just created two IPsec interfaces (two tunnels), and only one of them, the later one created - can be added to a zone. Both has no referencing policies or anything like that. They' re just created. Not up/active. The last time I noticed this issue, I kept the tunnel that could not be added to a zone, and gave it a name of DUMMY_TUNNEL just so that no new tunnel would use the same ID, as it' s probably there somewhere it' s failing. Has anyone else experienced this?
4 REPLIES 4
lindblom
New Contributor

Created another " dummy tunnel" , and then re-created the IPsec vpn I wanted to have in the zone...and it worked.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

I would recommend an upgrade, the MR3 was pretty buggy in the beginning. - Lägg på Patch 12, den är stabil och bra.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
lindblom
New Contributor

Just an update to what happened: I followed the upgrade path, and did the following: Upgrade to 4.3.10 - when fine, took ~5 minutes. Upgrade from 4.3.10 to 5.0.2 - the firewall never came back up. Did not get any output in the console on reboot etc. Luckily this box was not _super_ critical, and no, I don' t remember it being in HA.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

woaa...having a FGT down and putting a bleeding edge version on it. This is calling for trouble. What made you stay away from 4.3.12? Chances are that you would be fine with it when 4.3.10 works as well.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors