Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
anderserk
New Contributor

Can I use Fortigate 50A for mobile internet?

I have an USB port on the router, meant to be used for connecting dial-up old syle modems. But could the USB port be used with a modern USB - stick for mobile broadband internet? How?
5 REPLIES 5
romanr
Valued Contributor

Hi, this will depend on your USB stick... As there is no newer FortiOS for the 50A, you will have to look if your device is supported with the old FortiOS 3 software... Chances are not very high to be honest... best regards, Roman
anderserk
New Contributor

Well, I can reach the various parameters that the USB modem works by. I' m sure there will be no preconfigured support, but maybe some wizard can give me a tip on manual configuring? I have both Win XP and Ubuntu 12.04
Eric_Mai_FTNT

I don' t think 50A will support it. FWF 80CM, and FWF 60C and FGT 60c will be support for usb-Verizon and usb-spring. However, USB-Verizon works better. I recommand using the usb-verizon.
Sailordog
New Contributor

See my Pantech UML290 4gmodem post It is for 50 on 4.0
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

No, your post is for an 50B running v4.00. The 50B still is supported with firmware patches, the 50 and 50A are not. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing your modem config.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors