Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nthrzerp
New Contributor

Can I include my domain name in SMB/CIFS SSL VPN bookmark?

Hi all I set an SMB/CIFS bookmark in my SSL VPN portal like this: //10.10.1.200/MyShare. This share points to a Windows 2008 server based shared folder. The server &etc are part of a W2008 domain. I next access this bookmark via FireFox on a remote box. I get a nice popup window requesting a login. If I login with MyUserName and MyPassword only my login fails. If I login with MyDomain\MyUserName and MyPassword everything is rosey. I would rather my end users not have to include the Domain Name as part of their user name during login via the SSL VPN portal. Less typing and less network thingys make for happier users. I tried this format for my SMB/CIFS bookmark target: //MyDomain;server.mydomain.local/MyShare When I logged in (as done above) on my remote box, then attempted to access the share via my newly changed bookmark using just username and password I was not rejected, but instead I got a blank screen. I get the same blank screen if I login with the formerly working MyDomain\MyUserName and MyPassword. So clearly the changed format is not valid in some way. Just for completeness: I have a FortiWifi 60B running FortiOS V4. My firewall policy for the VPN is currently from ALL to ALL service ANY. P
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Hi, Did you get anywhere with this problem? I have the same white screen in Firefox, the web server error screen in IE. I' ve try adding a local account with the same name and password, but that doesn' t do it.
clwolf
New Contributor

I have the same exact issue.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors