Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
icom
New Contributor

Can I change VPN administrative distance without creating trouble?

Hi, 

I have problems with creating a Site-to-site between a 60E(behind nat/router and a old Juniper FW. 

The fortigate is claiming the tunnell is up and the same about the juniper, but no traffic is passing

last log entry on juniper:IKE 85.x.x.x Phase 2 msg ID e17d3fc6: Completed negotiations with SPI 694e0051, tunnel ID 7, and lifetime 3600 seconds/0 KB.

On both Fortigate and Juniper i created firwall policies and added static routes.

Is this about interface administrative distance? 

On my fortigate my vpn interface is having a distance of "10" and my 0.0.0.0/0 is set to 5 (WAN1)

Can is change my vpn distance without causing any trouble? I wonder if this is the problem.. that my fortigate is trying to route through WAN1 and not VPN/IPSEC.

20 REPLIES 20
ede_pfau

FYI, the trace command 'di de trace console show enable' is no longer needed in v5.6. So, it's not a bug it's...

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors