Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

CLI template shows no variable

Hello,
I have created a cli template with settings. so far I have been using ADOM version 7.2 and adding FortiGate with version 7.2.6. when adding FortiGate I selected the CLI template and clicked on Edit Metadata Variable Mapping and the variable variables appeared and I set them as needed and everything worked.
I have now upgraded both the ADOM version and the FortiGate version to 7.4 and if I add a firewall, I suddenly have no variable to set in my CLI template. Version of my Fortimanager is 7.4.2

Do you know where the fault could be?

8 REPLIES 8
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hello @Kubajs ,

Can you share a screenshot where this issue is?

Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @smkml 

I tried again and it looks like some problem with the ADOM version, because with ADOM version 7.2 everything is fine, after upgrading to 7.4 the settings are empty. I am sending screenshots.ADOM 7.2ADOM 7.2ADOM 7.4ADOM 7.4

smkml

Hello @Kubajs ,

Can you share the steps in GUI for this too?

" when adding FortiGate I selected the CLI template and clicked on Edit Metadata Variable Mapping"

Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @smkml 

In fortigate I entered IP address of my Fortimanager. Then, in the FortiManager I clicked on Authorize and then I selected on my templates and below them is 

"Edit Metadata Variable Mapping" button. With ADOM 7.2 I have every Variable (screenshot above). I canceled this authorization and I did upgrade of ADOM from 7.2 to 7.4 and then I did Authorization again as I described here, but after I selected my templates I see no variable in my CLI ( screenshot above)
smkml

Hello @Kubajs ,

Seems like a bug on FMG 7.4.x, you may configure the metadata variable as per below:

metadata.jpg

vraev
Staff
Staff

HI @Kubajs ,

Metadata are moved since 7.2 from Device db to To Policy & Objects: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.2.1/administration-guide/478643/adom-level-metadat...
You can configure ADOM-level metadata variables in Policy & Objects > Object Configurations > Advanced > Metadata Variables (must create per device mapping)

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Tip-Per-Device-mapping-behaviour/ta-p/26486...
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.1/release-notes/519207/special-notices

V.R.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @vraev and @smkml 

I have no experience with the older version of FortiManager. I know that I can find the variable metadata in Policy&Objects and in the Advanced menu. That's where I have the variables created. My problem is that I am counting these variables in the CLI Template. If I am using ADOM version 7.2, when I initially authorize the device, I select CLI Template and the variables appear as they should. If I upgrade ADOM to 7.4 and do the same device authorization, the CLI variables are already blank, see screenshots above :)

vraev
Staff
Staff

Hi @Kubajs ,

I would suggest to create a ticket trough the support portal.
Please attach the screenshots and the backup of the unit.

Best, 

V.R.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors