Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

CLI template shows no variable

Hello,
I have created a cli template with settings. so far I have been using ADOM version 7.2 and adding FortiGate with version 7.2.6. when adding FortiGate I selected the CLI template and clicked on Edit Metadata Variable Mapping and the variable variables appeared and I set them as needed and everything worked.
I have now upgraded both the ADOM version and the FortiGate version to 7.4 and if I add a firewall, I suddenly have no variable to set in my CLI template. Version of my Fortimanager is 7.4.2

Do you know where the fault could be?

8 REPLIES 8
smkml
Staff
Staff

Hello @Kubajs ,

Can you share a screenshot where this issue is?

Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @smkml 

I tried again and it looks like some problem with the ADOM version, because with ADOM version 7.2 everything is fine, after upgrading to 7.4 the settings are empty. I am sending screenshots.ADOM 7.2ADOM 7.2ADOM 7.4ADOM 7.4

smkml

Hello @Kubajs ,

Can you share the steps in GUI for this too?

" when adding FortiGate I selected the CLI template and clicked on Edit Metadata Variable Mapping"

Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @smkml 

In fortigate I entered IP address of my Fortimanager. Then, in the FortiManager I clicked on Authorize and then I selected on my templates and below them is 

"Edit Metadata Variable Mapping" button. With ADOM 7.2 I have every Variable (screenshot above). I canceled this authorization and I did upgrade of ADOM from 7.2 to 7.4 and then I did Authorization again as I described here, but after I selected my templates I see no variable in my CLI ( screenshot above)
smkml

Hello @Kubajs ,

Seems like a bug on FMG 7.4.x, you may configure the metadata variable as per below:

metadata.jpg

vraev
Staff
Staff

HI @Kubajs ,

Metadata are moved since 7.2 from Device db to To Policy & Objects: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.2.1/administration-guide/478643/adom-level-metadat...
You can configure ADOM-level metadata variables in Policy & Objects > Object Configurations > Advanced > Metadata Variables (must create per device mapping)

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Tip-Per-Device-mapping-behaviour/ta-p/26486...
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimanager/7.4.1/release-notes/519207/special-notices

V.R.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

Hello @vraev and @smkml 

I have no experience with the older version of FortiManager. I know that I can find the variable metadata in Policy&Objects and in the Advanced menu. That's where I have the variables created. My problem is that I am counting these variables in the CLI Template. If I am using ADOM version 7.2, when I initially authorize the device, I select CLI Template and the variables appear as they should. If I upgrade ADOM to 7.4 and do the same device authorization, the CLI variables are already blank, see screenshots above :)

vraev
Staff
Staff

Hi @Kubajs ,

I would suggest to create a ticket trough the support portal.
Please attach the screenshots and the backup of the unit.

Best, 

V.R.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors