Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
slouw
Contributor

CLI delta - config system output

I have a 60F-3G4G in production and a 40G on test.

I want to do a diff on the show full-config output but I find the output so different that I do some digging.

Why is there such a massive delta in the config system ? output ?

Thanks

2023-10-30 10h22m17s79 Test Site v Dilli.jpg

1 Solution
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @slouw 

The reason behind that is due to VDOM enabled on your FG40F. Some configurations and CLI are only available in global VDOM, hence, when you are in FG-Traffic VDOM, you will not be able to view the configurations for global VDOM.

On the other hand, FG60F does not have VDOM configured, hence, you will be observing all the configurable items with admin privilege.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @slouw 

The reason behind that is due to VDOM enabled on your FG40F. Some configurations and CLI are only available in global VDOM, hence, when you are in FG-Traffic VDOM, you will not be able to view the configurations for global VDOM.

On the other hand, FG60F does not have VDOM configured, hence, you will be observing all the configurable items with admin privilege.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors