Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
shani786
New Contributor II

Bypass local filesharing server on LAN

hello! hope you are all fine, i have a problem i am using traffic shaper and applied to my LAN. when my LAN side users access the local file share server everyone gets the speed according to the shaping rules. but i don't want to restrict the traffic for local shares can anyone guide me how can i bypass local file share server in my LAN any help would be appreciated thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
damianhlozano
Contributor

Hello!!!

IMHO, if you are trying to access from a computer, to a server in the same VLAN, this should not pass throuht the Fortigate
If you have different VLANs or LANs, passing through the Fortigate, I think you could add another rule, before the rule that is restricting everything, for the file server with a traffic shapper without limitations

Also, you could restrict the rule that is restricting the traffic, for example, if you have "ALL" as destination, you could just create an address group to select the destinations to apply the shaper and select this address group in the rule, instead of "ALL".

Regards,

Damián

shani786

i have a file sharing server inside my LAN (same network) how can i bypass from traffic limit?

damianhlozano

I think this traffic is not passing through the Fortigate

If I am right, Fortigate is not limiting this traffic and you cannot do anything in the Fortigate.

Regards,

Damián

alwis

Hi @shani786 

If the traffic are on the same vlan, it will not go through Fortigate. 

To isolate this you might need to directly test the speed on your file

share server and compare the speed.

Regards

Alwis

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors