Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marcos_FDS1012
New Contributor III

Buy Amazon Firewall

Hello,

My board is wanting to buy Firewall via Amazon site , will I have any issue with configuration or support problem ? today I pay for this personal service of putting ready license , do I need to do some kind of registration at fortigate ? As I'm just starting to work with firewalls, I'm afraid I won't be able to configure the equipment.

https://www.amazon.com/FORTINET-FortiGate-FortiCare-FortiGuard-Protection/dp/B08126TLGJ/ref=sr_1_1?c...

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

5 Solutions
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

As far as I read the amazon link that FGT60F comes with 5yrs License bundle.

UTP contains these services:

• FortiCare Premium Support
  • FortiGuard App Control Service
  • FortiGuard IPS Service
  • FortiGuard Advanced Malware Protection
  • FortiGuard Web Filtering Service
  • FortiGuard Antispam Service

and yes you need to register the device with fortinet to activate your licenses. 

Also  I don't understamnd why they mention 802.11ax on that amazon page. The FGT60F does not have any built in wifi.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Marcos_FDS1012
New Contributor III

Is there a link I can use to register with fortinet? I think I also need to register the company because I don't have anything like that today.

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is https://support.fortinet.com/cred/#/sign-up for that. Or you have a reseller create one for you.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

ONce you have an account you can register your FGT either on the support portal or through the FGT Webinterface.

-- 

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

btw writnig in this forum already requires you to have an account. So maybe you don't need to create a new one.

You don't need to register your company. But with FGT registration proccess you will have to select the fortinet partner you got the FGT from.

-- 

5 REPLIES 5
sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

As far as I read the amazon link that FGT60F comes with 5yrs License bundle.

UTP contains these services:

• FortiCare Premium Support
  • FortiGuard App Control Service
  • FortiGuard IPS Service
  • FortiGuard Advanced Malware Protection
  • FortiGuard Web Filtering Service
  • FortiGuard Antispam Service

and yes you need to register the device with fortinet to activate your licenses. 

Also  I don't understamnd why they mention 802.11ax on that amazon page. The FGT60F does not have any built in wifi.

-- 

Marcos_FDS1012
New Contributor III

Is there a link I can use to register with fortinet? I think I also need to register the company because I don't have anything like that today.

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is https://support.fortinet.com/cred/#/sign-up for that. Or you have a reseller create one for you.

-- 

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

ONce you have an account you can register your FGT either on the support portal or through the FGT Webinterface.

-- 

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

btw writnig in this forum already requires you to have an account. So maybe you don't need to create a new one.

You don't need to register your company. But with FGT registration proccess you will have to select the fortinet partner you got the FGT from.

-- 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors