Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mhe
Contributor II

Browsing through forum categories?

Sorry for my maybe stupid question, but how can I browse here in the new forum? I always found it very pleasant to browse through a topic (for example Fortimail) - especially before upgrades this gave a quick overview of any problems.

Now I can only use the search function, can this really be the case?

And apparently there is no label for general posts like this one....

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello mhe,

We welcome your input on the Fortinet community and we are planning to add Forum categories in due course. We will also appreciate it if you can give more input for the labels which we can consider adding on the forum like the one you mentioned "FCNSP 2.5 - 5.0".

mhe
Contributor II

And the forum is sooooo slow!! It takes about 10 seconds for me to scroll one page further in the forum (buttons below). This way it's really no fun!

mhe
Contributor II

Hello Mohit

I really appreciate that Fortinet is considering allowing browsing of forum posts by category again - as it was in the old forum.

"FCNSP 2.5 - 5.0" is my signature, which must have been migrated from the old forum. Sorry, I wasn't aware that this was attached directly to my posts. Currently there are labels for each product - I would suggest creating an additional label for posts that concern the forum itself. Like this post here.

Best regards from Switzerland!
martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello mhe,

That is a good suggestion for consideration.
We welcome your input and would welcome your future suggestions for making Fortinet Forum Community a better place for the users to find solutions to their queries.

Wayne11

I'm struggling also with the missing categories! It was more than time to give the forum page a new face, but the lack of all categories as we had it in the old forum, is just not practical anymore. 

I found the categories in the old forum very helpful. As mhe mentioned, it makes sense to browse a forum to see what problems others are having before upgrading to a firmware, but then you don't have anything to search for and so I find the presentation as it is now insufficient. There are not only cases where the forum provided helpful articles for acute problems, but also where you could just read through topics to see what other users are having problems with e.g. after updating to 7.0.3 or whatever. Please add this view option again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Wayne for your feedback. We encourage your suggestion for making Fortinet Community forums a better place to get the answers to the query while categorizing specific versions.

mhe
Contributor II

I'm sorry to say that absolutely nothing has changed in terms of usability. The forum still takes about 10 seconds to make a page change - necessary to see the next 5 posts. Categories are still not available.

So it is definitely no fun anymore to search for information and even less to help other users. I am quite disappointed.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors