Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FlavioB
New Contributor III

Broadcasts logged as denied

Hello everybody. I' m seeing lots of " denied" Traffic Log entries of broadcasts: src: 172.16.8.23 dst: 172.16.255.255 (the host has /16 subnet mask). As on the host I am getting replies from other IPs, I' m guessing that broadcasts are working. If above is right, why are those log entries showing up? Thanks and kind regards, F.
5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Hennessy
New Contributor

Seeing those too, seems to be a ' feature' of 4.3 Very annoying, filling the logs with wrong junk. Greg
FlavioB

Hy Greg. I found this: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=FD33057 But I couldn' t apply it on 4.3.5 because " set other-traffic" is non-existant. Any help about this? Kind regards, F.
Greg_Hennessy

update Just set it for all syslog and memory, broadcast logs are gone! Yeah! Reading the small print in the CLI guide, that option has been renamed
config log {disk | fortianalyzer | fortianalyzer2 | fortianalyzer3 | memory | syslogd | syslogd2 | syslogd3 | webtrends | fortiguard} filter set extended-traffic-log Renamed from other-traffic . set explicit-proxy-traffic Field name changed from webproxy-traffic. set other-traffic Rename to extended-traffic-log. set webproxy-traffic Field name changed to explicit-proxy-traffic.
I have set it to disable, has not made any difference to broadcast logging. Regards Greg
seadave
Contributor III

I have the exact same issue as Flavio and we appear to be having speed issues on our LAN. Also running 172.16.0.0/16 network. So is the traffic actually being blocked/dropped? I' m also seeing DCE-RPC traffic from my DCs getting a deny status. Unsure of the command to use to clean this up.
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

See this recent forum thread as well: http://support.fortinet.com/forum/tm.asp?m=81774

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors