Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
UnderscoresAndDashes
New Contributor III

Bringing a Fortigate Physical interface into a VLAN

Is it possible to bring a fortigate Physical interface into a switch vlan? I have a client that is wanting to vlan off his VOIP phones and data traffic. The problem I am finding is that they were using a software switch for Servers and uplinks for their fortiswitches. I can bring the fortiswitch into the fortigate via fortilink and vlan for data and voice, but I am having difficulty bringing in the used ports on the Fortigate itself into the vlan. 

To clarify. I am getting rid of the software switch, creating vlans via fortilink and trying to bring in the used ports on the Fortigate to the data vlan. Are they just going to need a new switch for those couple of interfaces used on the Fortigate(like a Fortiswitch 108)? Or can fortigate interfaces be brought into the vlan?  

1 REPLY 1
UnderscoresAndDashes
New Contributor III

Never mind. You cannot do this because the vlans are set on the switches and not on the Fortigate. Therefore you cannot add a Fortigate Physical interface to a switch vlan, since the vlan is controlled by the switch and not the fortigate. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors