Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
thegost4u
New Contributor

Bridging, or Natting .. not sure

Hello all ! hope you're having a great day.

am trying to access this 82c from my pc, what in my mind that i dedicate secondary IP (176.205.20.72) to it !

so when i go to browser and go to 176.205.20.72 (which will go normally to f200b), it goes to 10.10.10.1 WebInterface, without changing anything in cisco switch or clients

am not sure how to implement natting, or routing ? 

thank you !

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_McMullan

Hello,

Do you mean that you enter 176.205.20.72 in the PC browser, and get automatically redirected to the 82C without any other configuration?

Could you show the details of the relevant configuration on the 200B and a screenshot of what appears in the client browser?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

thegost4u

Christopher McMullan_FTNT wrote:

Hello,

Do you mean that you enter 176.205.20.72 in the PC browser, and get automatically redirected to the 82C without any other configuration?

Could you show the details of the relevant configuration on the 200B and a screenshot of what appears in the client browser?

when i go to 176.205.20.72  in browser, it directs me to 200B  web management, i need it to direct me to 82c. 

the connection is detailed on photo i attached. 

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

The 200B can translate the secondary IP address .72 to the internal WAN IP address of the 82C. For this, create a VIP on the 200B with

external IP: 176.205.20.72

mapped to: 10.10.10.1

port translation: ext=443 mapped to=443

so that you can connect via HTTPS to the 82C. Put the VIP into a policy from WAN to the port where the 82C is connected to, use the VIP as the destination address, source address is ALL. That's all.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors