Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chocolateeater
New Contributor

Bridged SSID not getting DHCP

Hi, all. 

I have two switches - Dell Powerconnect and Fortiswitch. There are several FortiAPs connected to both switches, broadcasting the same set of SSIDs.

All SSIDs that are tunneled are working fine on both switches. I have one SSID that is bridged to a LAN, as they need to be interconnected. When connecting to APs on the Powerconnect, everything works fine. But when connecting through the FortiSwitch, the clients cannot reach DHCP. Authentication is set to local, so everyone gets a connection.

I have attached a basic scheme of the setup. Could anyone point me towards what I am missing, here? Why cannot the clients connecting through FS get an IP?

SSID Tech.png

10 REPLIES 10
chocolateeater

Hi.

Took a while for me to get back to this problem. I have set a static IP, and have no connection to anything. Seems the access points are not sending traffic from this network across the FortiSwitch at all, and so the problem must be with the bridged mode - as all other networks works. 

Any tips on how to debug this any further?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors