Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Matze
New Contributor

Bluescreen after forticlient 5.4 setup

Hi there,

I install the Forticlient 5.4.0.0780 with following command line: msiexec /i "FortiClient.msi" INSTALLLEVEL=3 /q

I run the Installation in the system context but this shouldn't be a problem.

The Goal is to install only the VPN-Features, nothing else. I grabbed the installlevel from the msi file and in my opinion it should work.

But after I setup a new computer, ran the command line an restart the computer a bluescreen occurs. I say's something with the fortishield.sys

Any ideas ?

I forgot: Windows 7 x64

7 REPLIES 7
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Before you install FortiClient, make sure your Windows 7 x64 patch with the newest update. That will be helpful, thanks.

Matze

I tried. I used Windows Update to install all possible patches, smae behavior.

Jeff_FTNT

You may try install FortiClient  build0658   v5.2.5 GA Release, it is more stable. Thanks.

Matze

It seems 5.4 isn't the first choice at the moment. It's a pity.

scote
New Contributor

we are facing the same BSOD when launching Solid Edge with the latest forticlient.. i would love to get version 5.2.5 that Jeff_FTNT mentionned but i can't find a download link for this version.

could you provide us with one please?

thanks you

Jeff_FTNT

https://support.fortinet.com/Download/FirmwareImages.aspx

You may need support account , thanks.

scerazy
New Contributor III

Nothing wrong with Forticlient 5.4.0.0780

If you do not need anything else but SSL VPN then the easiest is to install SslvpnClient64-v4.0.2304.msi & upgrade.

It ONLY installs the SSL VPN client bit.

Additionally you can just disable FortiShield mini-filter driver FortiShield.sys and/or fortisniff driver fortisniff2.sys with ie Nirsoft's serviwin

edit:

Sadly upgrading to 5.4.1.0840 installs the whole shoobang (inc protection tools).

Why would I want that on my home machine? I am fine with own AV of choice & own firewall

At least gibe me a chance to install bits that I actually need!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors