Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
technologist36
New Contributor

Blocking google play store

Hi,

I've tried to block the google play store using the google play signature found in general interest app category but it doesn't work. Any clue of how to block it?

FortiOS: 5.2.3

Thx

5 REPLIES 5
technologist36
New Contributor

Anybody?

pcraponi

The signature works.. But if you already connect before create the policy, the DNS and page cache will bypass the filter... Try to reset all firewall session and clean your DNS cache... And you need SSL Inspection enabled on the profile.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
vmartin_FTNT
Staff
Staff

There is a similar recipe about blocking the App Store, that you can find here. If you switch the signatures used and remove the schedule (unless you want to allow it sometime), the recipe should work for Google Play.

Technical Writer, FortiOS

Let me know if there's anything you want to see added to the FortiGate Cookbook.

technologist36
New Contributor

I've tried clearing DNS cache and resetting firewall session and still google play is allowed for people. I ended up blocking TCP/UDP 5228 and it works fine.

Thx all

leo1
New Contributor II

Hi,

Signature Google.play isn't working and I already block TCP/UDP 5228. I can still dowload apps. 

How can I block google play?

Version 5.4 and 5.6

Thank you.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors