Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Boban_William
New Contributor

Blocking a specific website

Hy everbody !

I want to block a specific website.  I check from the Security Profiles - > Application Control and i select other stuff that i want to block...like vnc and tor.

But i want to block yahoo.com website. I use View Application Signatures and i search for yahoo but i did not find nothing. I find a field called New Custom Application Signature and i have to submit a signature to create new one. 

How do i write this signature for yahoo for example ? 

Thank you !

5 REPLIES 5
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Boban.

Blocking yahoo can be done by a URL filter - depending on the firmware running on your fgt, setting it up is little different.  The following pic outlines firmware 5.0.  The Web filter profile that you set up this URL filter must be applied to the firewall policy covering your general web traffic.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Boban_William
New Contributor

Hi Dave !

Thank you for your answer. I have a fortigate 60d machine. My Firmware Version is v5.2.7,build718 and i do not have this option that you mention. If you have any suggestion how to do it.....for my fortigate.....i search and i do not find it...

Dave_Hall

See the Fortinet Cookbook site, which provides a detailed example of URL blocking, using Facebook.

Boban_William

Thank you very much for your answer.....

suporte_dohler
New Contributor

Hello guy, for you block a specific website, you can use security profiles-web rating overrides, you create a new category and after you go to for in create new - add url domain - click em lookup rating - choose the category you created and ok, after you go to for in web filter - choose  profile and in local categories, so you block the category you created.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors