Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ddevore9
New Contributor

Blocked keywords not blocked in some browsers

I've currently got the Fortigate 1500D on 5.6.2.  I am testing out using SSL Deep packet inspection and it's working very well for the most part.

I'm running into an issue blocking keywords on google searches.  If I search for one of the keywords "hoe" in internet explorer it's blocked right away as a blocked keyword.  On this same machine if I search using Edge or Chrome browser I am getting results, no block at all.  I checked and all of the browsers are showing the SSL certificate for the fortigate.  

On the same chrome browser when I try this on yahoo.com the blocks are working normally.  QUIC should be blocked by both a service policy that blocks UDP 443 and UDP 80, as well as being blocked in the application policy.

Any thoughts on what I could be missing here?  I appreciate any thoughts!

4 REPLIES 4
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello ddevore9,

Did you set all the Google.Search_* signatures to Block too? You need to set all of them to Block to block Google's search. 

Homing

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Are you blocking TEREDO along with QUIC?

ddevore9
New Contributor

tanr wrote:

Are you blocking TEREDO along with QUIC?

I just tried blocking TEREDO and it does not seem to help.  It's got to be some protocol (like quic or teredo) that's allowing chrome/edge to get past the blocks.

ddevore9

I tried blocking all google search services and it does block all google searches.  I'm just looking to block inappropriate keyword searches from the list of blocked words that is in place.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors