Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Andonov
New Contributor

Blocked incoming emails when install forticlient

Hi, I have a strange issue with one of our forticlient on windows 8.1. When i install the forticlient all incoming email is blocked. I am able to send but not to receive. Here you have some information' s about my implementation. FortiGate: FWF60C Firmware: v5.0,build0252 (GA Patch 5) Any suggestions?
25 REPLIES 25
Ertan
New Contributor

I am using web filtering. So, I believe, I will report this issue since it seems to be happening more than one computers. Is it required to send FortiClient Diagnostic report attached as reporting an issue?
kolawale_FTNT

FortiClient Diagnostic report is not required, but is very useful.
Ertan
New Contributor

Anybody can provide support e-mail address? I cannot seem to find it, or be sure ones I found. Thanks.
Andonov
New Contributor

Hi theputter, thank you to share your experience with us! That was definitely my issue. Like you said after disabling the proxy on the forticlient everything works fine. I had used your first suggestion: 1. Disable the proxying all together within the Forticlient. Settings-->Disable Proxy Thanks again!
krristannn
New Contributor

If you only needs the VPN, you can disable the proxy. But if you need the Anti-virus and Web Filtering. For outlook and live mail just enable the Pop3s or encrypted Pop3 using port 995 from Properties > Advanced.

3pointD

FYI I ran into this same issue awhile back.

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=113423

We've since moved on from using the POP3 server so obviously we don't have the issue but I will say I remember seeing some improper AUTH strings from the client in my POP3 logs on the server. When you disable the Forticlient proxy the client would communicate with the server properly. It was something that happened out of the blue after running Forticlient for quite some time so it had to be something that was updated at some point.

Now I have a new issue where the Trusteer Rapport security plugin that several banks require is somehow conflicting with Forticlient causing continual blue screens.

Good luck!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors