Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Dhekra_ING
New Contributor

Block video play on facebook

Hello,

I'm using application controle to block facebook video play but when i've blocked the specific signature i can access to facebook app and i can play video.  Anyone know how to solve this issue please?

Thx

14 REPLIES 14
Berjaya_Vessel
New Contributor

Hello, you must use Web Filtering and block social network also you need to use your application control with the apps to block.

Combine those security profiles and you will get results.

Grettings,

Omar Q.

IT engineer

Grettings, Omar Q. IT engineer
asmaa

Hello,

Isn't possible to allow social networks in the web filter but also block video streaming inside Facebook?

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

asmaa wrote:

Isn't possible to allow social networks in the web filter but also block video streaming inside Facebook?

Go to Security Profiles > Application Control and make sure your used (intern to wan) Application Control Profile is selected (Top right drop down menu)

Below Application Override click Add Signatures and search for Facebook_Video.Play

Select it and hit Use Selected Signatures

Make sure it is set to Block

Apply

asmaa
New Contributor

I am already applying this Application Sensor and the videos inside the Facebook still running.

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Did you apply the Application Control Profile to the correct policy?

asmaa
New Contributor

yes, I did...does that mean that Facebook is broadcasting the videos via https??

Berjaya_Vessel

guys, I think won't work. I saw another way but is so difficult to me understand because it works by CLI console.

Check this https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=122716#122716 and tell me.

Grettings,

Omar Q.

IT engineer

Da_Cruz
New Contributor

Same here also. Facebook video still plays. Our bandwidth is being consumed because of this.

Berjaya_Vessel

Hello guys again, I tried to block embedded videos on Facebook with CLI's instructions mentioned above. That recipe is suppossed to work by blocking the header content of web filtering, then I did apply it to a specific policy. Enabled SSL inspection.

And nothing. Same sad results.

This is a royal pain in the #$$.

Some super fortigate guru can help us.... It can´t be possible that Facebook's users win this battle. :D

Grettings,

Omar Q.

IT engineer

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors