Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fl0at0xff
New Contributor II

Block gmail.com domain

Hello ! I'am a newbie with Fortimail and I'm not able to Reject e-mail from gmail senders to my protected domain. I created a new receiving access control that use the sender pattern *@gmail.com and Internal as Recipient Pattern. Thank in advance for your help

4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

What does  your monitor log  event shows in the WebGUI? But more importantly, did you order the policies correctly ?

It works like a firewall specific matches 1st. The ESA always apply the new polices last in the SEQ ordering.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
fl0at0xff
New Contributor II

Hello and thank you for your response. I just have one policy (Access Control, Receiving) that should block gmail. But When I send an E-mail from Gmail, the logs are very strange. Look my attachement (test-from-gmail.jpg). But the mail is received.

abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello,

it should work if it's on top of another acls catching traffic.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed 

The log with search on the sender and  ACL policy number will be displayed to show if your access control was match and if so what #

See the attachment and in this example access-control policy #7 was match no other ip policy was matched ( the "0"s )

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors