Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Holy
Contributor

Big Problems with FortiManager 5.2.2...

Hello Guys,

lust time i worked with FortiManager it was 5.0.6 and everything was ok.

now i wanted to Refresh my knowledge because on Friday i have to Troubleshoot some Problems with FortiManager 5.2.2

i just don´t get it how to install Policy Packages on many Devices...

i registret 2 FortiVM Devices with FortiManager > Imported the Policy Packages for Each > Created Interface Zones (like Port1 = WAN) > created Dynamic Adress (like LAN Device 1 = 192.168.1.0 and Device 2 = 192.168.2.0 > i created a new Policy Package with 1 Policy for Test.

But i just cant install this new Policy to either of the Devices. When i start Install Wizard the "Choose Device" Field is just empty.. i just don´t get it... i have a Guide for 5.0.6 (online Course) and tried to did it just Step by Step. But when i come to the Point whre i have to Install new Policy Package i just can´t add Devices because the Field is Empty...

Can Please somebody explain what am i doing wrong?

Do somebody maybe have a new Lab Guide for FortiManager 5.2.2 ? I mean i also read the Admin Handbook but i couldn´t find what i was doing wrong...

So Please help.

Thank you guys

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
3 Solutions
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

from your description, seems you did not add devices for your package installation target

so click the package, there is a "Installation" tab at last and in that tab, you can add installation target device for that package

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

from your pic, you are config policy install on device, which is based on package installation target, so you need to go the that "installation" tab (which is beside that policy tab where you see policy) to add devices

for imported policy package, we will auto add that imported device for the target, so you will see that 1 device there

Thanks

Simon

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

just a reminder, a different package install for a device, will remove previously installed package policy, we only support 1 package policies for a device

Thanks

Simon

10 REPLIES 10
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

from your description, seems you did not add devices for your package installation target

so click the package, there is a "Installation" tab at last and in that tab, you can add installation target device for that package

Thanks

Simon

Holy

Hello,

that doesn´t work. i Tried to add Installation Targets there. But there are also no Devices to Choose...

Look at the Files attached. So for new Package i have no Devices,

for the importeg FGVM01 Package i can only Choose my FGVM01 Device to install that package and the Same for FGVM02. But i just cant install a new package on both devices...

scao_FTNT wrote:

Thanks

Simon

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Holy

Another Question,

by importing there was a conflict that says that Service "ALL" on the Fortigate is IP Protocol "0" and in FortiManager this is IP Protocol "6"  so that means that i have to be aware of that and create another Service for "ALL" ? 

- the customer reports that sometimes if he Push the Config from FortiManager to one of the 60D´s all the Config on the 60D gets flushed. so you have to restore Backup Manually and Sometimes only changes from FortiManager stays in the Config. any thought what this could be?

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

from your pic, you are config policy install on device, which is based on package installation target, so you need to go the that "installation" tab (which is beside that policy tab where you see policy) to add devices

for imported policy package, we will auto add that imported device for the target, so you will see that 1 device there

Thanks

Simon

Holy

daamn :) That was easy... i just overseen this "Installation" tab.

Thank you Very much!

could you please answer 2 another questions ? 

Thank you

scao_FTNT wrote:

Thanks

Simon

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

just a reminder, a different package install for a device, will remove previously installed package policy, we only support 1 package policies for a device

Thanks

Simon

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

for "on the Fortigate is IP Protocol "0" and in FortiManager this is IP Protocol "6"", this is because FOS changed syntax default value in recent release for this service config

so FMG is on which version and imported FGT is which version? I can double check this

Thanks

Simon

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

for "- the customer reports that sometimes if he Push the Config from FortiManager to one of the 60D´s all the Config on the 60D gets flushed. so you have to restore Backup Manually and Sometimes only changes from FortiManager stays in the Config. any thought what this could be?"

I may need the FMG db to do further investigation, can you open a ticket and send me the ticket ID, so I can follow up your case?

Thanks

Simon

Holy

Today i will do a fresh install of FortiManager with the Customer, if this problem happens again, i will report.

Thank you very much for your Help

scao_FTNT wrote:

for "- the customer reports that sometimes if he Push the Config from FortiManager to one of the 60D´s all the Config on the 60D gets flushed. so you have to restore Backup Manually and Sometimes only changes from FortiManager stays in the Config. any thought what this could be?"

I may need the FMG db to do further investigation, can you open a ticket and send me the ticket ID, so I can follow up your case?

Thanks

Simon

NSE 8 

NSE 1 - 7

NSE 8 NSE 1 - 7
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors