Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
firdausi12
New Contributor III

Best practice to handle external domains with SPF softfail or without SPF Record

Hello Team,

Please someone should assist me the best apprach /practice to external doamis with SPF Softfail or without SPF record published.

It is frustrating whenever an external domain sends mail with the issue above failed to deliver to my own domain or our protected domains.so sometimes we as internet service providers our customers are not happy with us.

Kindly assist me a lasting solution please.

Regards,

Firdausi

FN
FN
2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Firdausi,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi Firdausi,

will disabling SPF checks on the FortiMail not temporarily solve that problem?

It will be helpful to understand your mail flow as SPF is done from a mail server against received/inbound mail and if the record is not valid, SPF will fail with the configured actions.

Lasting solutions are to instruct the senders DNS service to have proper SPF records.

In other words, the problem is not your FortiMail or mail server config, but the senders DNS service.

Best regards,

Markus

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors