Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IrbkOrrum
New Contributor

Best Practice for monitoring LACP interface

I've got an LACP connection from my HA pair of FortiGate 600f's to the rest of the environment.  There are 2 physical ports that are under the "LACP_Trunk" 802.3ad aggregate interface.  What's the best way to monitor these interfaces for HA failover?  Is it best to monitor Port1 and Port2 (which is the indication that I got from an article about Multicast https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Best-practice-HA-monitored-interface-confi... ) or is it better to monitor the "LACP_Trunk" 802.3ad aggregate interface directly?
TIA!

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you're not using the LACP interface to pass multicast packets, you need to ask a question to yourself which behavior of HA failover you want: Do you want it to failover when only one port goes down?
If your answer is yes, then monitor individual ports. If no because the link is still up and operational with half capacity, then you should monitor the agg interface.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors