Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marc10k
New Contributor

Backup system configuration not storing the complete setup

Hallo 

I am using a 60D and store the system configuration through FortiExplorers GUI. The full backup size is 160 kb and sometimes it stores only about 50 kb or less. Has someone experienced the same behaviour and is this a known issue in Version 5.4.0?

Marc

4 REPLIES 4
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Usually the unencrypted backup holds only the commands to change a default configuration (after 'exec factoryreset') into the current config. That is, defaults are not stored in that file.

If you do an encrypted backup, everything is backed up, including certificates.

I do not use the FortiExplorer but I guess that's what you see using it as well.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
marc10k

When I do the backup immediately after the one with 50 kB or less it stores the full 160 kB. When I open the files and compare them I can see that it stops somewhere in the first third and the rest is not stored in the the smaller file. Sometimes FortiExplorer stores the full 160 kB at the first time and sometimes only at the second time. 

Marcus

ede_pfau

OK, then my explanation does not apply here. Looks like a communication problem via USB.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
JohnAgora

I've experience the issue a couple of times, anyhow hard to reproduce (especially since I detect it days after it happened). It is always better to double check your backup.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors