Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vishal
New Contributor

Backup restore from hardware to vm series FGT

Hello All, Need to restore backup from FGT 1100D running 6.6.4 version to vm series . Can anyone please help me can I just dump backup from FGT 1100D to vm series directly ? .if not then what are the precautions I need to take.
5 REPLIES 5
jorge_americo
Contributor

Directly, no. The header has to be edited. Points to note, normally interfaces. In this case. I think it's interesting for you to insert blocks and check for possible errors.

NSE-4

NSE-4
vishal

Hello Jorge,

What do you mean by changing the header ?. Would copying config-version values from vmseries FGT and replacing it in configuration file of hardware FGT would work ? 

Interfaces type i will make sure before dumping backup from hardware FGT to vmseries FGT.

(I think it's interesting for you to insert blocks and check for possible errors.) What do you mean by this line.

Awaiting response.

jorge_americo

I don't have a backup here at the moment. But if I'm not mistaken they are the first 3 lines (if you can put those lines here) . In this case, the idea is to replace these lines with the lines from the backup made in the VM.

˜What do you mean by this line?˜

Put blocks of information in the VM (via ssh or GUI script assistant). for example, all blocks related to interfaces, manages, rules separately.

NSE-4

NSE-4
vishal

Hello Jorge, Are you talking about these lines config-version=FG200E-6.0.5-FW-build0268-190507:opmode=0:vdom=0:user=admin #conf_file_ver=330600812719265 #buildno=0268 If yes then do I need to replace both config-version and conf_file_ver from config file of hardware fgt with config-version and conf_file_ver of vmseries fgt and then directly load backup into vmseries fgt
vishal
New Contributor

jorge.americo Your view please
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors