Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FatalHalt
Contributor II

Backup over SCP

I' m trying to figure out how to backup over SCP. I' ve enabled ' admin-scp' in config sys global, but am now trying to actually figure out how to use it. Anyone able to get me started? Thanks.
3 Solutions
FatalHalt
Contributor II

Sorry to bump this thread, but been running into some issues. 

Is it just me, or are the backups you get from SCP not the full backup of the device? I've only just noticed this now that I'm doing some analytics on the files themselves, but they aren't even close to full. On one device, a full backup from the GUI gets me a file with 40,000 lines. A scp backup using sys_config is just shy of 2,200. It doesn't have any vdoms. It's almost useless. 

Is there a different command other than sys_config (or fgt-config) to get a proper, full backup?

View solution in original post

Elthon_Abreu

nbctcp wrote:

Ethon,

Can you please show me the steps

nbctcp,

I've attached the script for you. You can change according to your needs.

PS.: Script only for Windows OS.

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5
Elthon_Abreu

Holy,

I've used the Putty Key Generation (Looking in "ProgramFiles\PuTTY" If you have putty installed). There is a variable "Key" on the script file. To create the user "bkp" you can use the config below:

config system admin edit "bkpusr" set trusthost1 "backup IP address only - for best security" set vdom "root" set ssh-public-key1 "ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABJQAAAQEAhIasKun...." set password ****** next end

Best regards

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5

Elthon Abreu FCNSA v5
31 REPLIES 31
FortiCore

this execute command applies even if you have VDOMs ?

wfli
Staff
Staff

Can backup all configurations including default configurations ?  I am using sys_config or fgt-config to include only the user's configuration, not the default configuration  

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors