Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kong_Tan
New Contributor

BIOS image is corrupted or wrong image

One of my client' s Fortigate 60C stop booting up properly after a power outage. I was able to connect the unit to a hyper terminal via the console port and it stated that the " Active Boot is corrupted" . I tried to format and reload a new BOIS image from TFTP Server. Everything seems to be moving along properly until I get the following message: ########################## Image Received. Checking BIOS image... Corrupted or wrong image. Please power cycle. System halted. I have tried different firmware versions for the 60C, including the HQIP and they all failed with the same message. I tried to scan the NAND for bad block, but the unit will not accept the " D" option at the console prompt (maybe it' s not supported on this unit). Is there anything else I can try? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

yes 1: do a md5 checksum of the image 2: replace the tftp-server it might be corrupting the image based on the 512byte sectors sizing

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

I may get this error if I mistakenly try to load a Fortigate model firmware into a FortiWifi model. Have you confirmed the firmware image was downloaded correctly from the Fortinet site via MD5 checksum? If the correct HQIP image fails to load into the fgt device, it may be time to open an RMA ticket. Perform a log capture of your putty or hyper terminal session (from start to finish) and include that in the ticket. The RMA department will also want your client to confirm their shipping/mailing address to send the replacement RMA unit to.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
FGTuser
New Contributor III

In case you are loading correct HQIP image, most likely flash is gone ->RMA. I recently had lot of fun with this. Flash scan (option D) didn' t work as well.
dasilva13
New Contributor

I have to agree with the rest of the posts. The device sounds dead. I have had many of FortiGate 60c models get toasted after power outages. HQIP usually fails and I have to start a TAC ticket and they just authorize an RMA. It happens way to frequently on these devices if you ask me.
Kong_Tan
New Contributor

Thanks for all the responses. I am certain that I have the correct firmware and HQIP images. I have also tried the following: - ran the md5 checksum to make sure the images are not corrupted. - two different TFTP Server I think the flash is gone and I will create a TAC ticket to start the RMA process. Thanks, Everyone.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors