Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pabzab
New Contributor

BGP modify the mask of a received route

Hello,

My Fortigate receive 10.0.0.0/16 route via BGP.

Can I make a configuration so that only a /24 from this range is added to the routing table ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @pabzab ,

If you want to configure a static route for the /24 network. You can do this. Because Fortigate takes into account the smaller subnet and processes the traffic accordingly.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
shephardc4
New Contributor

I did want to respond and say yes: I added the redistribution to one remote site and the main HQ, but still could not communicate between the two. That being said, I could not change the default route on the main HQ router without blowing stuff up, so I eventually added a static route to the 192.168.0/24 network using the bgp neighbor of the HQ router, without success. I have a feeling I'm just doing a bunch of stuff in the wrong order, lol and not knocking down what exactly needs to be done https://xender.vip/ .

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors