Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
richr
New Contributor

BGP config on single 800C

New to setting up BGP. I just have a couple questions about multihoming BGP. -- Single 800C, if I want to plan for HA fortigates, the peer address I would need to use is a /29 from each ISP? I would like to load balance the links, which would be part of the ISP setup, but is there any Fortinet setup guides for this? Are there any pitfalls I should look for setting up BGP on a Fortigate running 5.0.7?
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

-- Single 800C, if I want to plan for HA fortigates, the peer address I would need to use is a /29 from each ISP?
Will it' s a single 800 so no high-availability. What your asking about seems to be multi-homing. Just define your 2 bgp-peers. On the LB question, bgp does not support load-balancing. It' s a best-path dynamic routing protocol and only the best path is used in the route-selection. I don' t believe you have the ability to load-balance with 2 different ISPs. Maybe with 2 links to the same AS and with all path criteria being the same, you might be able to install bgp-multi-path, but to be frank I never tried that on a FGT.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rb400
New Contributor

richr wrote:
New to setting up BGP. I just have a couple questions about multihoming BGP. -- Single 800C, if I want to plan for HA fortigates, the peer address I would need to use is a /29 from each ISP? I would like to load balance the links, which would be part of the ISP setup, but is there any Fortinet setup guides for this? Are there any pitfalls I should look for setting up BGP on a Fortigate running 5.0.7?

Did you ever solve your BGP load balancing problem?  IF so, please communicate your settings.

[align=left]*auto-sig*   rb400 << FGT (v6.2.x) [/align]
[align=left]*auto-sig* rb400 << FGT (v6.2.x) [/align]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors