Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mbrassesco
New Contributor

BGP Received-routes problem

The problem is that some routes disappear from de routing table, when i run the command: get router info bgp neighbor X.X.X.X received-routes those routes are not there BUT when i add them as a static route appear again as a received route. Someone knows what is going on? Regards, Marcelo.
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Qs What do you mean add them in as static? What is the BGP neighbor sneding from that upstream peer ? If it was not received it' s a big possibility it was not sent ;)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Mbrassesco
New Contributor

What do you mean add them in as static? Router >> Static Routes >> Add What is the BGP neighbor sneding from that upstream peer ? Is sending me routes to reach some remotes sites If it was not received it' s a big possibility it was not sent ;) It' s possible, but when i add a static route of the network that " disappears" , it' s appear again When i saw the received-routes from the ISP peer, i realized that they are sending me the same networks of my own remote site. Ej: Branch Office: Lan Piso 1: 10.0.1.0/24 Piso 2: 10.0.2.0/24 BGP Sending: 10.0.1.0/24 10.0.2.0/24 Received routes: 10.0.1.0/24 10.0.2.0/24 and some more from other offices. It' s that normal in BGP?
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

No that' s not normal for floors 1-2 routes to come back if you " sent" , bgp loop detector will filter drops unless by default. Instead of guessing what your doing and seeing, can I suggest that you include a topology and outputs of the problems? There could miscommunicae on what your doing and the term received routes. I fear you are confusing the redistribution of routes via a static command with received-routes. The display of your route table & topology diagram will remove any confusion.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Mbrassesco
New Contributor

The problem was that i was advertising that route, so the ISP didnt advertised that route to me.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors