Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dclabs
New Contributor

AzureAD as a source for Radius and WIFI

Hello,

I need to achieve the following:

we need to authenticate users to the company wifi network by using their AzureAD username and password. Since we don’t have a local Active Directory we need something that’s able to directly read the AzureAD users database and then serve it to radius clients (Ubiquiti access points) for wireless authentication.

if my understanding is correct FortiAuthenticator should be doing this. Am I correct?
Does anybode use it in a similar way and want to share their experience ?

2 REPLIES 2
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Yes it's possible if you already have Azure AD DS. You have to configure RADIUS between the WLC controller to FortiAuthenticator and LDAP from FortiAuthenticator to Azure

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiauthenticator/6.4.0/cookbook/354539/configure-azure-ad-ds-ld...

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
dclabs
New Contributor

Thanks ebilcari. Unfortunately this customer does not have Azure AD DS, they have a tenant with M365 Business Premium subscriptions.

I was able to set up Azure AD as a remote SAML server in FortiAuthenticator but could not use these synced accounts for Radius.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors