Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lucasrm
New Contributor

Avoid spam analysis for a particular domain

Taking account the spam filtering order, how can I do to avoid the analysis to domain name in first place?? My problem is that the server IP address (gmail for enterprises) is first filtered and bouncing by ORDBL (2nd) before than the domain name marked as " Clear" in the BWL (3rd) How can I except the domain name first of all? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
kwilley
New Contributor

The FortiGate unit scans SMTP and SMTPS email for spam in the order given below. SMTPS spam filtering is available on FortiGate units that support SSL content scanning and inspection. 1. IP address black/white list (BWL) check on last hop IP 2. DNSBL & ORDBL check on last hop IP, FortiGuard Antispam IP check on last hop IP, HELO DNS lookup 3. MIME headers check, E-mail address BWL check 4. Banned word check on email subject 5. IP address BWL check (for IPs extracted from “Received” headers) 6. Banned word check on email body 7. Return email DNS check, FortiGuard Antispam email checksum check, FortiGuard Antispam URL check, DNSBL & ORDBL check on public IP extracted from header. Make two profiles/policies - first one with BWL email address, wildcard, mark as clear - IP match on gmail; second profile does fortiguard, etc - match all other IPs
lucasrm
New Contributor

Thanks kwilley, was the first that I thought, but there are a lot of google' s IP and we don' t want to accept all emails from gmail servers as good.
kwilley
New Contributor

you dont have to, you need two email profiles and two policies first policy is for googles IPs - tie it to a profile that does BWL on email address only the policy matches the IP only to apply the correct filter
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors