Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fortilover
New Contributor III

AutoDesk AutoCAD 2020 does not work when AntiVirus Profile is activated

Dear FortiNet Community.

We use AutoDesk AutoCAD Version 2020. When we start the program it cannot start and tells us that it needs an internet connection. I have found out that it works when I remove antivirus scanning from the firewall policy rule that refers to internet connections.

Have you experienced a problem like this? FortiGate does not have so many settings within the AntiVirus profiles... I have tried alot now. But it is always the same. The software works without AntiVirus Security profiles but not with. Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

With kindest regards

FortiLover

5 REPLIES 5
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @Fortilover 

Do you any logs in AV events? Did you try other browsers?

Abdel

Fortilover
New Contributor III

The hint about the AV events is helpful. I will get a bit deeper into this. But it is not a browser application. It is just a software installed on a PC/Laptop. What I do not want is to define that this PC/Laptop will have no AntiVirus Scanning Profile when using the WAN connection. We have one Firewall rule for all clients and in this Firewall policy rule AntiVirus security profile is activated. What I have done in the testing environment is to clone the "normal" rule we have defined and in this rule we have disabled the AntiVirus security profile. And hey then it works...

The AntiVirus security profile is defined like this in the test environment:

12.jpg

When checking the security events for AntiVirus on the FortiGate the log is empty... no entries.

Even if I disable the options "Treat Windows executables in email attachments as viruses" and "include mobile malware protection" we see no changes.

anignan

Hi @Fortilover 

Alright i thought that was the webapp.. But if i am not wrong the desktop app should be able to work without internet. Or do you save your project on a remote storage?

Abdel

Fortilover
New Contributor III

This is a good question. It is used by an employee and I cannot really answer your question now. We experience the issue when starting the application without opening a project. Just when starting the software...

anignan

Hi @Fortilover 

It could also be installed on a server and user must grab the license from the server each time it opens.. You will need to check the configuration and also the AV event logs... May be ask the system admin how this app is deployed

Abdel

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors