Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mannemramesh
New Contributor

Auto connect SSL VPN with windows Stratup

Is it possible to auto connect Forticlient ssl vpn before windows login?

Presently we are using Hamachi VPN, it is connecting automatically with windows startup.

Some of my remote servers are restarting on daily schedules. After rebooting the servers, VPN should connect automatically.

I have tested with Forticlient ssl vpn, it is asking user name and password of VPN connection with windows login or it is connecting automatically after windows login. I need to enter manually the user name and password of VPN with windows login. My servers are in remote location and no one is available there to enter user name and password manually

So I want the SSL VPN should connect automatically with windows startup. It should not ask or wait till manual entering the VPN credentials.

Thanks

Ramesh

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi

this is possible based on SSL-VPN and FortiClient as command line option. Options see below or to attached printscreen:

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

mannemramesh

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your response.

I have created  a batch file with following script.

cd C:\SSLVPNcmdline FortiSSLVPNclient.exe connect -s ned

batch file is working, but how can I make it in windows startup?

I have added  a startup task to run the .bat file in Task Scheduler. It is not starting the VPN.

AndreaSoliva

Hi

sorry can not help because I'm a linux/unix/solaris guy no doubt of windows details etc.

It is enough for me if I have to use windows for some reason :)

have fun

Andrea

ede_pfau

Why don't you put the (shortcut to the) batchfile into the 'Startup' folder? Good plain old Windows.

And of course you have to specify the credentials on the commandline as well (user/pwd), as well as the remote SSLVPN server's IP. Have a look at the commandline options posted before.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors