Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Miata
New Contributor II

Authentication in a firewall policy

Hi, I'm currently using explicit proxy for my user to connect to the internet. Explicit proxy does not process correctly application sensor. I'm trying to setup a firewall policy that allow internal users to connect to HTTP and HTTPS websites, with security profiles applied and I also want the user to be authenticated before they access the internet. I've created the policy 76 (see attached configuration, it is currently disabled). It works fine until I add a user group to force authentication : connection to website is never established and user is not prompted for a password. I tried with both a "Firewall group" made of a remote LDAP group, and also with a ActiveDirectory-polling SSO group. None worked. According to the Fortigate Authentication manual, it should work, I don't know what is wrong.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Miata

2 REPLIES 2
Ralph1973
Contributor

Hi, I don't see the attachment. What FortiOS are you running?

Kind regards,

Ralph

Miata
New Contributor II

Hi

Apologies, but this post has been discontinued, we no longer require further assistance with this.

Cheers

Miata

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors