Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lostboy10
New Contributor

Audit logs in Fortimanager

I am trying to view Audit logs for users in FortiManager 7.4.2 like which user installed a policy or changed an object.

where can i find these ? Do i need to enable any setting for this ? 

i tried to check in system settings-> events logs but that section is empty ..only when i select real time in top right i can see any logs there.. is this expected ? or is it a bug in 7.4.2

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

I have 7.2.2 and I can see the logs (System Settings-> Events Log), e.g.: when I select "Last 1 Hour" the logs are displayed correctly.

This was the default setting and nothing has been changed for that.

AEK
AEK
lostboy10
New Contributor

i m not sure if its a problem with the version ..i m on 7.4.2 and i think it worked fine when i was on 7.4.1

vraev
Staff
Staff

Hi @lostboy10 

I would suggest to review the following article:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Tip-FortiManager-FortiAnalyzer-local-event-...

Also, for the local log :

faz.example.com # config system locallog disk setting

(setting)# get
path=system.locallog.disk, objname=setting, tablename=(null), size=336
severity : debug <--- All possible events to be saved
upload : disable
server-type : FTP
max-log-file-size : 100
max-log-file-num : 10000
roll-schedule : none
diskfull : overwrite
log-disk-full-percentage: 80
log-disk-quota : 1

Please review that you had enough disk space.
Best,

V.R.
lostboy10

Thanks..i verifed this and disk space looks fine

ScottGunnar
New Contributor

Check if logging is properly configured on your FortiManager device. Ensure that the appropriate log settings are enabled to capture user activities in gb insta.

lostboy10

Where do i see that ? i am not sure but is it a kknown problem with forti OS 7.4.2 ?

smkml

Hi @lostboy10 ,

Do FortiAnalyzer features enabled? You may proceed to perform database rebuild by below command to see it able to rectify the issue.

# execute sql-local rebuild-db

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors