Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AdrianR
New Contributor III

Assign named address SD-WAN zone

Hello everyone!
I was wondering why is not possible to assign named address to SD-Wan, or I'm missing some option/configuration that enables it.

For example:

I have this static routes

Screenshot 2023-10-06 083349.png

And I want them in a single static route with named address

Screenshot 2023-10-06 083823.png

I'm using a Fortigate 100E with FotiOS 7.0.12

Thank you for taking the time to read my question and for any help you can give me.

1 Solution
TC510
New Contributor II

No named addresses are usable for the destination. See this comparison of available settings before and after the route is set to use SD-WAN. Note the dstaddr option is no longer there and it only accepts an IP destination. sdwan static route.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @AdrianR,

Please make sure your named address objects have "Static route configuration" enabled. 

address.PNG

Regards, 

AdrianR
New Contributor III

Hello @hbac its enable, I can use it in other interfaces in static routing, only when you try to add it in a SD-wan interface you cannot. :( 

TC510
New Contributor II

No named addresses are usable for the destination. See this comparison of available settings before and after the route is set to use SD-WAN. Note the dstaddr option is no longer there and it only accepts an IP destination. sdwan static route.png

AdrianR
New Contributor III

You are correct, its not possible to add  named addresses in version 7.0 although in version 7.2 the option is now available! 

TC510
New Contributor II

Which patch level? This is 7.2.5 on a new route with sdwan-zone set:sdwan static route2.png

From what I understand the named address option was removed in 7.2.1 and Fortinet has no intention of adding it back due to a bug that they decided to work around by removing the feature :unamused_face:

It's incredibly useful though (especially when using SDWAN+IPsec) and I would really appreciate it if they put it back. I haven't checked 7.4 but fingers crossed they can make it happen.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors