Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ismael_Awamleh
New Contributor II

Archived Content

Hello everyone,

While I was reading about IPS and how it is being used when in flow based for various security features, such as Antivirus, Web Filtering any many more. What I was intrigued about is the behavior when it is in proxy mode and I found a thread about it, but when I click on it all I see is "This Content was Archived". I can read the first two sentences of the thread from the google search, but it ends right when the person is explaining what happens in proxy based. 

Here's the link: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/contentarchivals/contentarchivedpage/message-uid/72266

1 Solution
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have unarchived this content. Could you please try again?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Ismael,

Could you please give me the title of the article you found on Google please?

If the article has been archived, it is surely because another document related to this topic is existing. I will try to find it for you.

Regards,

Ismael_Awamleh

Hello Anthony,

The title is 

RE: Antivirus change from Proxy-based to Flow-Based

Here's a snapshot as well

Archive.png

Ismael_Awamleh

I ended up finding the thread by copy pasting the title instead of the two lines under it which sent me to the Archived link for some reason. Just to make sure here the IPS will not be used when in proxy mode contrary to flow based, is that right?

pminarik

IPS will be used even with proxy-mode inspetion if:

- "inspect all ports" is enabled in protocol options/SSL inspection (IPS is used to identify the protocol and whether wad/proxyy should further be interested in it)

- or if Appcontrol/IPS profiles are included in the policy. (unless you're using new inline feature in 7.4.2+ (link - 959763) .

[ corrections always welcome ]
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Ismael_Awamleh

Thank you for providing these links, and I did stumble upon those threads earlier and read them, but they do not specifically compare the behavior of IPS when in flow-based vs proxy-based. Unlike the thread I am looking to read. Unless I missed something, which I would be grateful if you'd highlight it.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @ozkanaltas 

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have unarchived this content. Could you please try again?

Regards,

Ismael_Awamleh

Thank you it works!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors