Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
anonimis
New Contributor

Apple TV, iMac, iPhone / iPad and iTunes not communicating properly

I have an AP220B connected to a FGT60C and it works fine for my notebooks and iDevices for all normal internet type functionality, like web browsing, email and the like. The problem I' m having though is getting any Airplay functions working over the wifi network. Can see the Apple TV from the remote app on my iPad and iPhone but not able to control it. Music will not push from any (iMac, iPad or iPhone) to the Apple TV. I' ve read that there may be issues with certain wifi chipsets and there has been mention that changing to only G 2.4Ghz might work. After a lot of experimentation of turning of radios and changing channels, it still fails to work. My older D-Link WAP-1353 works every time so I know I have no problems with the home sharing on the iDevices. Swapped back and forward between D-Link and AP220B connection to test and it is consistently not working on the AP220B network. Involved devices; Fortigate 60C with firmware v5.0, build0147 (GA Patch 1) FortiAP 220B with firmware v5.0, build024 (GA) iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.1 iPad 2 with iOS 6.0.1 Apple TV 2 with software 5.1.1 (5433) iMac running OS X 10.6.8 and latest iTunes
10 REPLIES 10
anonimis

Well done Dave It was " intra-vap-privacy" being enabled. I' m not sure why but maybe I inadvertently changed this at some stage. Thank you all for your help.
ORIGINAL: Dave Hall
set multicast-enhance enable
I was wondering too if " intra-vap-privacy" was enabled (default setting is disabled).
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors