Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
username
New Contributor

Apparent IKED issues.

We are having issues bringing up a VPN from a Cisco device to a Fortigate 300C.  We have the tunnel set up fine to one Fortigate, but it is not working to the other.

We are getting IKE messages from the Cisco device, but the Fortigate is not responding.  When looking at the output of `get system performance top`, the PID changes constantly and was up in the 6000's last night.  It seems to me that it keeps crashing.  

Has anybody experienced this, and/or does anyone know of a fix?  Both firewalls are on the same firmware.

4 REPLIES 4
username
New Contributor

Nobody?

ede_pfau

well, what does the crashlog say ? 'diag deb cr r'

Same firmware they might be on. Which is?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ericli_FTNT
Staff
Staff

username wrote:

We are having issues bringing up a VPN from a Cisco device to a Fortigate 300C.  We have the tunnel set up fine to one Fortigate, but it is not working to the other.

We are getting IKE messages from the Cisco device, but the Fortigate is not responding.  When looking at the output of `get system performance top`, the PID changes constantly and was up in the 6000's last night.  It seems to me that it keeps crashing.  

Has anybody experienced this, and/or does anyone know of a fix?  Both firewalls are on the same firmware.

Hi there, thanks for reporting!

Please list or attach the output of these two commands:

get sys status

diag debug crash read

Thanks!

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I would at a few  basics, like the tunnel-group  authen ( PSK  or CERT ) and the version ike1/2 . If in PH1 one side does not respond it's a good indication the   peer-id is not matching

ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors